School Catering Updates Meal Price Increases:
The following meal price increases have been approved for the 22/23 financial year which will come into effect as from week commencing 25th April 2022:
Primary Schools / Special Schools
• Pupil meals will increase from £2.60 to £2.67
If you have concerns in relation to any aspect of the School Catering Service at your school, we would like you to feedback to us so that we can investigate further with a view to putting corrective action in place. Please send your initial email to our designated mailbox: firstname.lastname@example.org
The catering service provides very good lunches that are prepared and cooked on the premises. Children are encouraged to take school lunches which can be liquidized if necessary.
Children can also bring a packed lunch to school and parents are asked to provide one that is as healthy as possible.
Cost of school lunches: £2.60 a day.
Free School Meals are available for those parents that meet the qualifying criteria. Please see the leaflet image below. If you would like to print this leaflet, click on this link. You can make an application on line at:
Are you entitled to Free School Meals?
Please note the following -
· You must make an application for Free School Meals – it does not happen automatically.
· Free School Meals for additional children starting school must also be applied for – they are not added on automatically and there will be no backdating if you delay. You will therefore be charged for meals before the date you inform us.
· You must inform us of a change in your circumstances. Failure to inform us could lead to meals being charged for from the date of change.
Are you entitled to Free School Meal Payments?
Please note the following –
· You must make a separate application for Free School Meals Payments – you will not be paid unless you apply.
· If your application for payments is approved, you will only be paid from the date you make the application i.e. there will be no backdated payments.